Real-time locating system (RTLS) for assembly processes
As MVP we want an application to be realized, that locates respective assets within designated test area and visualizes them on a mobile app. Additionally the x, y, z coordinates need to be available in an on premises internal database.
Focus is on flexible asset tracking of different load carriers with high precision.
- Supplied parts arrive at goods receipt area, are being picked and transported to assembly area on different load carriers
- Assembly process based on multiple small and medium sized standardized components
- Clear assignment of serialized components to specific assembly
- High position accuracy necessary to identify parts in relatively small area (~ 200 m2)
- Low latency to support ideal assembly process
- Visualization of parts on mobile app and availability of data for 3rd party applications (e.g. AR application)
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Essential applications include providing products, solutions and services that make fossil energy greener; delivering decentralized, flexible power solutions; managing the complexities of the grid; improving and de-risking aging assets; and connecting supply and demand through storage technologies such as grid-scale batteries and Power-to-X technologies.